The Year in Review

Saturday, January 2, 2010
Well, 2009 certainly ended with a bang. In the past week I found out one of my interests is a decepticon, that my new crush is possibly a married drug dealer (based on reader comments) and that an ex had just read through a crap load of personal information about me after finding the blog (post on that will be out soon!). I put myself out there, so it comes with the territory, but as someone who usually feels like I’ve got the upper hand I am suddenly feeling incredibly exposed.

Exposed, but not embarrassed. These stories and musings I have about dating aren’t always flattering, but they’re mine and I try to report them impartially. Well, I do skew them a *little* in my favor, sometimes I do really stupid things in dating land. And after the laughing or crying or drinking I do I think I learn something from them.

It wasn't all bad, there were some triumphs in there, too. I asked out my crush and walked away from a man who couldn’t give me what I was looking for. And I remain a magnet for bad first dates, which are almost always funny and therefore critical to people reading my blog.

I didn’t find love this past year, but I’m hopeful that I will. I’m even more hopeful I’ll find it in 2010. Stay tuned, dear readers! I've got some new tricks up my sleeve that I can't wait to use.

2 comments:

Plentymorefishoutofwater said...

And here's to that!
By the way, I've added you to my 'recommended' section. I change it every month.
plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com/

Dater at Large said...

Thanks very much, Fish!