Duder’s second response sent at approximately 11pm that same night, listed three very good activity date suggestions. Followed by each suggestion was why he didn’t think his suggestion was good.
Suggestion #1: The Driving Range
- Why I would have accepted: I LOVE the driving range, even more than I love golfing
- Why he pulled the idea: “that seems extremely ‘guy’ and not at all considerate of your wants”
Suggestion #2: Running
- Why I wouldn’t have accepted: Duder was new to running and seemed terribly self conscious about it. I definitely run with newbies, but it didn’t seem like something he would enjoy.
- Why he pulled the idea: Because he wouldn’t have enjoyed it. He said he knows I like it, and would like to cater to me even if it’s at the expense of his pride.
Suggestion #3: Kickball
- Why I would have accepted: I really do want to practice before my kickball league starts
- Why he pulled the idea: He doesn’t have access to a kickball.
Shit! Walter, you fuck... you fucked it up! You fucked it up! Her life was in our hands, man!
He again suggested we talk on the phone the next day to discuss. What is there to discuss? What is the matter with him? I can come up with my own reasons to decline your ideas; I don’t need you to torpedo them for me. If you want a girl to spend time with you at least pretend to think she would enjoy doing so.
And what’s with the stream of consciousness? I appreciate that coming up with dates can be hard work; I just wish he would have kept some of his thoughts to himself, or ran them by a pal. I had no idea how to respond in a positive way to his suggestions without tearing him a new one for the crappy presentation.
Obviously I had to wait another full day before responding. I did the only thing I could think of. I took getting together Friday off the table entirely, and suggested we try again from scratch.