The referral has the usual pros:
- He is by far the nicest person I have ever met and has a heart of gold
- I think you guys would have a lot in common
- He is 34-36 and recently got his Masters
- He loves running and traveling
- He was a college track star and loves everything outdoors
- He worked while he made way through his Masters program
- He "might" be able to match [me] intellectually and has a very witty sense of humor
- He meets [my] requirement of drinking a good ol' PBR from a mug and throwing darts
The only rub is that he’s kind of far away. When I MapQuested where my buddy lives it turns out its 427 miles from Chicago. Yikes.
I was offered a photo, which I declined, I assume someone I know wouldn’t try to set me up with a troll. And I said of course I would meet him. How could I say no? My buddy said "I just caught myself reading your blog and thought of [him] right away".
You know who is the nicest guy ever? My high school buddy. I’m not sure whether I’ll hit it off with his wife’s cousin, but I’m certainly willing to give it a try. Even it means driving to the middle of nowhere to go on a double date.